- This is part of teaching Internet Safety, which Illinois law states is everyone's responsibility! (Click to learn more about the Illinois Internet Safety Law.)
- Passwords should be 8 characters or more and have a mixture of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, & special characters
- Reinforce to your classes, and as professionals practice the following:
- NEVER SHARE PASSWORDS!
- DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT PASSWORD!
- STOP USING LAST YEAR'S PASSWORD!
Resources to Help Students Create Strong Passwords:
Here's how to make the change:
- When the student knows their old password
- District Web Page (www.galesburg205.org)
- Point to Internal Links (far right)
- Click Password Change Tool
- In the first field, type the letters ghs then use the forward slash (it looks like this \ and it lives on the key between Backspace & Enter) followed by the student's username.
- Type the old password
- Type the new password
- Type it again, exactly
- Click Submit
- When the student has forgotten the old password