How will I know if an update is needed?
This short video describes this simple process:
Can I Force An Update?
- Have the student sign into the device
- Click the time display, usually in the lower right corner of the screen
- Click Settings
- Click About Chrome OS
- Click Check for and Apply Updates
- The device will find the latest version of Chrome OS & compare that with the device. If updates are needed it will begin to download. If not, it will tell you that the device is up to date.
- If updates are needed wait for the download to complete & click the button that will Restart to Apply Updates